Friday, November 14, 2008

Blog Post # 7: Final Reflection


In the course of three months, this module has not only strengthened my belief regarding the importance of effective communication but has also taught me various things. My goals of effective communication for the purposes mentioned in my first blog still stand strong with additional support.

I have been able to acquire many tips on writing and speaking skills. During the job search lessons, I was able to learn to focus on my strengths and “my selling points” while drafting out a resume and a cover letter for a certain job. My writing skills had been rusty at the beginning, taking part in this module has not only helped revive it but has also enriched. Watching our presentation on a video, was more effective in letting me understand the places I needed to improve and I intend to work on these areas.

But in addition to the the technical skills I’ve learned in class, I am more thankful about the new bonds I have fostered within the class. First, I want to thank Ms. Kim, for your patience and for providing us with an interesting learning experience. You have taught me many useful things.

I want to thank the entire class for a great semester, the arguments and the discussions are what made the class interesting and worthwhile. I especially want to thank Pei Pei, for being there through all the troubles we had with our project - Girl, you rock! Kiet, who always knew how to lighten up the atmosphere when we were stressed. Wilson and Wendy, whose support and encouragement throughout the module has always been great. Let’s make sure we still keep in touch. Yihao, thanks not only for taking time to edit and provide feedback for my blog post but also for your encouragements.

Thus, the module finally comes to a close but I believe that my learning of effective communication does not end here.

Good luck for the exams everyone! I hope to see you around campus.

3 comments:

-wendy- said...

Such a nice picture there! i'll definitely miss the days and the fun and laughter we had!

Cheers!
Keep in touch divya!

daniel said...

Hi Divya,

Yes, I agree that our aims and goals for learning ES2007S has not changed much at the end of the semester.

However, now that we have armed ourselves with some foundational skills in effective communication, it may be necessary to actively learn from our new environment in the future, may it be a new workplace or a new study environment.

I too agree that the main contributors to my learning are Ms Kim and our friends in the class. Without their input and interactions, there wouldn't be any communication skills for us to learn and practice, now would there?

All the best in the future. I'm sure we will keep in touch for sure!

grace kim said...

Hi Divya,

Glad that besides acquiring the tips on communication skills, you also acquired new friendships - bonds that hopefully will last a lifetime for you.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort during the course especially when you and Pei Pei were down to two in a team and both of you had to work very hard to come up with a comprehensive presentation within a shorter period of time. I guess the lack of a third team member forced both of you to be more concise and to cut out unnecessary details :-)

I appreciate too all your contributions in class. Thanks for speaking up and participating so actively during class discussions.

All the best in your journey towards becoming a more effective communicator and in your job search!